Sunday, June 9, 2013

Historical Accuracy Reincarnated

hourglass-silhouette: Dena Massque in an overbust corset from...



hourglass-silhouette:

Dena Massque in an overbust corset from Bizarre Design.

The women are the strong ones, truly.



















The women are the strong ones, truly.

vivelareine: —Marie Antoinette (2006)



vivelareine:

—Marie Antoinette (2006)

fashionsfromhistory: Mules 1860s Shoe-Icons



fashionsfromhistory:

Mules

1860s

Shoe-Icons

Photo



vega-ofthe-lyre: Madelene de la Motte by Thomas Whiteside for...













vega-ofthe-lyre:

Madelene de la Motte by Thomas Whiteside for Tatler Russia | December 2011

steelboneddiva: brocade longline Underbust Corset



steelboneddiva:

brocade longline Underbust Corset

realhistoricalpatterns: Full riding costume for SIDESADDLE,...





realhistoricalpatterns:

Full riding costume for SIDESADDLE, Harper's Bazaar- 1891.

Interesting to compare these with the other riding habits! Check out the #sports tag and take a look by searching for it on the front page of this blog.

Photo



fripperiesandfobs: Day dress, 1870-80 From the Mode Museum



fripperiesandfobs:

Day dress, 1870-80

From the Mode Museum

lace-rose: Carey Mulligan photographed by Peter Lindbergh for...



lace-rose:

Carey Mulligan photographed by Peter Lindbergh for Vogue, October 2010

Did you go to school for costume design or are historical costumes just a hobby?

Just a hobby.  As much as I would love to go to school for it, my desired career path is in the field of psychology.

thealisabeth: ContrivedtoCharm's absolutely exquisite leather...







thealisabeth:

ContrivedtoCharm's absolutely exquisite leather ribcage corset belt!

I tried to tell my boss on Monday that I wanted more training on a game that im set to deal tonight....

I tried to tell my boss on Monday that I wanted more training on a game that im set to deal tonight. He said ok well train you this week. When that never happened I went to the union rep despite us not having contracts yet she said she spoke to someone in hr and that id be dealing another game tonight. I came in for the other game to find out im still dealing the first game I dont know. Plus one of the supervisors told me I shouldnt use the union rep and to deal with the problem in house. Well I fucking did to begin with and that got me no where. Now this guy wajts me to talk to the boss of day shift to inform my boss (who I talked to on Mondays about me not dealing and hes the one who said hed train me this week and didnt.)
I wanted to keep this quiet and not make a big deal and just be like dont schedule me for this game. Im starting to get really pissed that I have to look like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum over this.
Im trying to worj with the company. All I asked for is more training not to avoid the game all together.

historysquee: 1830's Day Dress



historysquee:

1830's Day Dress

orchardcorset: corsetaddict: Steambunny by...



orchardcorset:

corsetaddict:

Steambunny by ~TrixyFaerie

beautiful

"Porcelain Wear" by Vikk Shayen for YoFond, October 2012



"Porcelain Wear" by Vikk Shayen for YoFond, October 2012

tiny-librarian: This is the coronation sword of Charles X of...



tiny-librarian:

This is the coronation sword of Charles X of France. It was stolen from the Gallery of Apollo in the Louvre in 1976 and has never been found.

Source

Photo



Say it is not so.

















Say it is not so.

No comments:

Post a Comment